The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF)—Africa’s leading philanthropy focused on empowering African entrepreneurs—is looking for the most innovative business ideas across the African continent to apply for its flagship Entrepreneurship Programme.
In just 5 years, the Entrepreneurship Programme has empowered over 9,000 young African entrepreneurs from all 54 African countries.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is the $100million commitment of Tony O. Elumelu, CON, an African investor and philanthropist, to identify, mentor, and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in 10 years, with the goal of creating millions of jobs and revenue on the continent. With the support of partners, the Programme has scaled its commitment beyond its own commitment of funding 10,000 African entrepreneurs.
What the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Offers:
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
- Startup African entrepreneurs based in Africa
- Business at the idea stage are welcome, as well as innovative businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years
- Business can be in any sector
- Business must have potential to create jobs and revenue on the continent